Monday 14 June 2010

Today was the first build day and we were painting two houses (semi-detached) just a short bike ride from our host location. So at the moment everyone is making final preparations for the big-off, the big Daddy O, (the first day of cycling). In demonstrating that I could change a flat tire, I managed to give myself a flat tire in the process ( not my fault, dodgy tube valve) and so on my list of things to buy at the bike shop is some new inner tubes.

Food here is pretty incredible. We get given a lot of free stuff, including free ice-cream from this random van which just pulled up outside the build site. Just waiting until we start burning these 5-6,000 calories a day and can eat the equivalent in snickers.

Quote of the day: When biking, snickers is the best thing for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment